What Should You Know About Datto Backup Solutions?
Data loss can happen without notice.
You could come into work and find that flooding has fried your systems. Or you could download the wrong attachment from a seemingly safe email, and find that your data is being held at ransom. Or you may just accidentally delete it – it happens to all of us.
That’s why you need to be confident in your business’s ability to restore lost data at the drop of a hat.
4 Reasons To Check Your Data Backup Capabilities
- Data retention contingencies: At the rate that technology evolves (and how quickly your standard operations and concerned policies are required to keep up with it), it’s no surprise that some businesses find it difficult to keep up with. When policy development falls behind the pace of adopted technologies, it can often lead to gaps, which can affect data retention. The fact is that many applications only have limited backup and retention policies, equipped to handle situational data loss – not comprehensive.
- Cybercrime: Data loss is often the result of poor digital security; without the right defenses, cybercriminals can easily infect an IT system with ransomware or other types of malware and compromise company data. In a ransomware attack, a hacker gains access to an organization’s computer systems. Typically, an unsuspecting employee clicks on an emailed attachment that appears to be a bill or other official document. In actuality, the attachment installs a malicious software program (malware) onto the computer system. Once embedded, the malware allows a hacker to access critical systems, often giving complete remote control data and access. If you have a data backup solution, then it doesn’t matter if your data has been encrypted. You can just replace it with your backup, simple as that. That’s why you should make a considerable investment in a comprehensive backup data recovery solution so that you can restore your data at a moment’s notice when necessary.
- Human error: A majority of cybersecurity services offered today include the best in vital technologies, from firewalls to anti-malware to data encryption and more. However, as important as this technology is, on its own, it simply isn’t enough. The key to truly comprehensive cybersecurity (and therefore, data protection and data backup) is simple, yet often overlooked: the user. “Set it and forget it” firewalls, antivirus software, and yes, backups, fail to account for how important the user is. Even the most effective data integrity measures can be negated by simple human error, which is why conventional solutions are simply not enough to make sure your data is protected. Much of data protection is dependent on the user, and as such it’s vital that you properly educate your employees in safe conduct. The more your workforce knows about the security measures you have in place, the more confidently they can use the technology in a secure manner. Human error can be detrimental to data integrity. Without a viable backup, all it takes is one accidental click to delete a file, or one spilled coffee to fry a local hard drive.
- Maintaining compliance: When it comes to modern compliance requirements, redundant data backups are critical. You’ll want to make sure you know what’s required of your industry’s compliance regulations, and make sure you have backup methods in place to meet those. The default backup capabilities offered by many applications may not suffice for the most stringent regulations.
It’s for all these reasons that TREYSTA Technology Management recommends a robust Datto backup solution for all of our clients.
What Do Datto Backup Solutions Offer?
- Instantly Virtualize Your Data: Datto solutions can virtualize your data (locally or in the cloud) in a matter of seconds, providing you with an immediate and recent backup of your data, no matter what happens on site.
- Unified Backup Processes: In a hybrid configuration, Datto solutions will instantly backup your data to onsite Datto appliances, and then mirror them to the Datto cloud. This means you get the immediate access to your data provided by local devices, with the insurance that comes with backing up your data in the cloud.
- Long-Term Data Continuity: On-site Datto appliances will maintain backups for months, allowing you to access data dating far back into the past.
- Robust Security: Your onsite backups are protected by your usual range of firewalls and encryption, and cloud-based backups are protected by the advanced ZFS file system. This both protects your data against malicious third parties, as well as accidental and silent corruption.
TREYSTA Technology Management Keeps Your Data Secure And Available With Datto
TREYSTA Technology Management provides an unbeatable backup and business continuity solutions based on the industry-leading platform from Datto which offers a number of key benefits:
- Backup of all your important data, applications, user settings, and more — ensuring you’re able to restore everything in the event of a disaster.
- Storage of backups both onsite and offsite in a secure cloud data center for added security from disasters that damage onsite equipment.
- Development of business continuity planning for staff to follow during and after a disaster with step-by-step procedures for simplified recovery of operations.
- Regular tests and monitoring of backups to ensure they’re always working.
Need Expert Assistance With Your Data Backup Processes?
You can’t afford to let anything threaten your data — it’s too critical to your security and productivity.
Allow TREYSTA Technology Management to help. Get in touch with our team to discover how we manage business continuity and disaster recovery planning with industry-leading Datto solutions.